|You will need the Adobe® Acrobat Reader to utilize the forms on this site. Click below to download. It's FREE! | |
LOUISIANA CEMETERY BOARD
3445 N. Causeway Boulevard, Suite 509
Metairie, Louisiana 70002
Telephone (504) 838-5267
Toll Free (866) 488-5267
Fax (504) 838-5289
In accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act, R.S. 49:950 et seq., notice is hereby given that the Louisiana Cemetery Board filed a notice of intent with the State Register to adopt amendments to LAC 46:XIII.103, LAC 46:XIII.701, LAC 46:XIII.707, LAC 46:XIII.709, LAC 46:XIII.1501, LAC 46:XIII.1505, LAC 46:XIII.1707, LAC 46:XIII.1711, and LAC 46:XIII.1909, and to adopt in their entirety LAC 46:XIII.1507, LAC 46:XIII.1509, and LAC 46:XIII.1713. The attached Notice of Intent will be published in Louisiana Register August 20, 2017.
- Interested persons may submit written comments to Lucy L. McCann, Louisiana Cemetery Board, 3445 N. Causeway Boulevard, Suite 509, Metairie, LA 70002. The deadline for submitting written comments is 4:30 p.m., September 30, 2017.
- A request pursuant to R.S. 49:953(A)(2) for oral presentation, argument, or public hearing must be in writing and received by the board within 20 days of the date of the publication of this notice.
NOTICE OF INTENT - August 2017
ANNOTATED TEXT of Proposed Rule Amendments - August 2017
FISCAL AND ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT
Act 417 of the 1974 Louisiana Legislature created the Louisiana Cemetery Board. This Act now constitutes Title 8 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes, consisting of Chapters 1 through 13, both inclusive and Sections 1 through 906, both inclusive.
Listed below is a brief summary of the Louisiana Cemetery Board's functions:
- The Board meets at least twice a year and may meet at such other times as it may designate. (La. R.S. 8:65)
- The Board shall enforce and administer the provisions of Title 8. The Board may establish necessary rules and regulations for the administration and enforcement of Title 8 and prescribe the form of statements and reports provided for by law. (La. R.S. 8:66 through La. R.S. 8:67)
- The Board licenses Cemetery Authorities and Cemetery Sales and Management Organizations. (La. R.S. 8:70 through La. R.S. 8:76 and La. R.S. 8:401 through La. R.S. 8:408)
- The Board registers and/or catalogues Exempt Cemetery Authorities. (Chapter 7 of the Louisiana Cemetery Board Rules)
- The Board monitors and audits Perpetual Care Trust Funds in accordance with the provision of law. (La. R.S. 8:451 through La. R.S. 8:467 and the Louisiana Cemetery Board Rules)
- The Board monitors and audits Merchandise Trust Funds and Suppliers in accordance with the provision of law. (La. R.S. 8:501 through La. R.S. 8:511 and the Louisiana Cemetery Board Rules)
- The Board monitors pre-construction and pre-development sales by Cemetery Authorities in accordance with the provision of law. (La. R.S. 8:606 & La. R.S. 8:706 and the Louisiana Cemetery Board Rules)
- The Board provides assistance to consumers through the timely handling of requests for information and mediation of consumer complaints.
Use the links below and to the left to navigate, and if you have questions or comments, write, call, or fax us at the contact information listed at the top of this page. If you have technical trouble with the site, please contact the Webmaster.